If you like what you’ve read here and think: “Gosh, I wish Amy wrote for our paper / magazine / newsletter / fortune cookies / incendiary pamphlets,” please drop me a line. I specialize in humor and would love some more regular gigs doing anything from jokes, to TV, to articles.
For daily examples of my humor, visit my twitter feed: https://twitter.com/KidFreeLiving
Amy Vansant (me) was the East Coast Editor of SURFER Magazine for 5 years and has been published in Modern Maturity, Caribbean Travel and Life, Yankee, Chesapeake Bay Magazine, McSweeney’s Internet Tendencies, and others. I am the author of The Surfer’s Guide to Florida (Pineapple Press, 1995) which is currently out of print because the urge to drive up and down the Florida coast interviewing surfers has long since left me.
I have been known to prostitute my meager talents for money / fame / drinks / gifts / travel / shameless plugs.
- Huffington Post Best Tweets of the Week
- Aiming Low: Sushi Maki of Horror
- Scary Mommy: American Children are Wimps
- Feathertale: Lucky Penny Terms & Conditions
- Defenestration: Your Little Jessica is Clearly in the 58th Percentile
- The Yellow Ham: I Didn’t Ask for Raisin Bagels
- The Big Jewel: The Flu Diaries, My Life as a Religious Miracle Marketer
- The Glossy News – Boobs McCannon
- Travelated.com: How NOT to Smuggle Cigars
- Hobo Pancakes: Dropping a Dime, Forgotten Feminist Heroes: Elizabeth “Nancy” Morgan, Financial Editor of Ladies Home Companion
- Asinine Poetry: A Staff Letter from the Headmaster of Nobblesnuff’s Academy of Wizardry
- Cavalier Literary Couture: Passive Aggressive Cashier Pinches Your Bread
- McSweeney’s Internet Tendencies – View All
- More.com – Mom’s Panty Puzzle
- Skirt! Magazine – The Art of Comfort, If I Had Super Powers, and others…
- MyPheme.com: Amazon PayPhrase Gets Nasty
- FunnynotSlutty.com: The Anti-Mommy – Screaming Kid in Restaurant , Baby Purse, Child Climbs
- Technorati: (article list at bottom of page below my Technorati.com profile)
- Museums & More
- Skirt! Magazine - The Art of Comfort, If I Had Super Powers and others…
- Caribbean Travel and Life - Barbados Lighthouses
- Caribbean Beat - Barbados Travel
- Chesapeake Bay Magazine - Deale, MD, (Travel), The Trouble with Gordon (Humor)
- Inside Annapolis
- Modern Maturity
- SURFER Magazine (East Coast Editor 1991-1996)
- Yeah, but they’re generally very silly.